- “The Art of the Start” @ TiECon 2006 – (39:46)
- TiECon 2006
- Make meaing. – (~4:20)
* Increase the quality of life.
* Write a wrong.
* Prevent the end of something good.
–Theory: “Make meaning to make money.”
- Create a Mantra. – (~6:20)
- Get Going. – (~12:00)
* Think different, make it 10x better. (Don’t do better sameness.)
* Don’t be afraid to Polarize People.
* Find a few soul mates.
- Define a business model – (~15:00)
* Be Specific
* Keep It Simple
* Ask Women about your business model (~16:15)
- Weave a MAT – (~17:00)
* Assumptions – Review as needed.
- Niche Thyself – (~19:45)
- 10/20/30 Rule – (~24:00)
* 10 slides/20 minutes/30 point font
* Font Rule: Smallest font size is half the age of the oldest person in the room
- Infected People – (~27:20)
– work experience, educational background, love your product
* Ignore the Irrelevant
* Hire better than yourself – fight the bozo explosion
* Apply Shopping Center test (~29:10)
- Lower Barrier to Adoption (~30:00)
* Flatten the learning curve
* Don’t ask people to do something you won’t do
* Embrace your envagelist
- Seed the Cloud – (~31:45)
* Let a hundred flowers blossom
* Enable test drives
* Find the Influencers
- Don’t let the bozos grind you down – (~33:30)