- Guy Kawasaki – How to Use Social Media as an Evangelist for Your Business and Here’s How I Did It! – (1:45:23)
- MIT Enterprise Forum San Diego
- Published on Apr 10, 2013
- Caveat Emptor – Guy is hawking his own product – as well.
How to get more followers
- Start Yesterday – It’s 6,9,12 month process – (~8:45)
- Segment the services – (~9:25)
* People – Facebook
* Perceptions – Twitter
* Passions – Google+
* Pinning, Primping – Pintrest
* Pimping – LinkedIN
- Make a great profile – (~12:54)
- Curate Content – (~17:50)
- Cheat – (~19:20)
- Earn the right to self promote (post about self at most 1 in 20) – (~20:49)
- For every post, add a picture or video – (~24:00)
- Respond to comments on your post – (~25:40)
- On replying to comments, stay positive or shutup. – (~26:45)
* post something
* someone posts a comment
* post a response
* they respond, don’t
- Repeat your posts – (~29:45)
- End – (~34:20)
Q & A – (~34:45)
- What is the “P” word for instagram?
- Flicker and Youtube?
- Are there any services that can offer me a repeat?
DEMO STARTS (~37:45-1:11:30)
More Q & A (More Q & A)
- When to go narrow vs. go public in posting?
- Can speak about the difference in the engagement of video vs. pictures?
- Technical people say, “I don’t have time for social media.”; Your response “Technically you only need three people in a startup. Someone to make something, someone to sell it, and an adult to collect the money.” (~1:23:30)
- How do filter your online ads (for your website)?
- Am I missing something about LinkIn?
- How do you know when you are using too much social media?
- Do you posts video of yourself?
- What do you do if LinkIn has more people than Google+?
- How determine if your audience on Google+ is actually using it?
- Do recommend the use of promoted-posts on Facebook?
Utilities He Used
- MyAllTop – his startup
- Smart Brief
- Jumpcut (Mac only?)