- 7 Damaging Myths About Customer Engagement to Promptly Discard
- by Patrick Proctor
- published April 10, 2014
My comments are in italic in between each point
- All customers are the same.
Yes, this is a myth.
- The customer is always right.
This is a point not well understood. They get it partially right. I’ll write about this one day.
- No news is good news.
Another tricky point.
- Apologies are a sign of weakness or worse — admitting fault.
- Customers don’t care about the reasons.
Reasons and excuses are two different things.
- They won’t come back.
Customer always come back, but will you still be in business when the do.
- Consumers don’t care about a company’s culture, social and environmental actions.
This is a bit New-Age-ish.