A few days ago I decide that I was drinking too much coffee. I would wake up late, drink coffee, stay up too late, get the shakes, headaches. Things had to change. So I stopped – Cold Turkey. Headaches, nausea, depression, ill thoughts, body aches — I toughed it through. I slept alot, and had two or three showers a day. All in an effort to have some reasonable life as an entrepreneur — where only I would decide what poisons would enter my body.
I won’t go in to the way Starbucks and Pete’s sabotage my well-being, because from the servers perspective they are only doing great service. Mind you from the age 14 to 16 I worked in my Dad’s restaurants — I know the difference.
Coffee Servings are 8oz, sodas are 12oz, others as indicated.
- Brewed Coffee – 95-200 mg
- Brewed Coffee,decaffeinated – 2-12 mg
- Espresso, restaurant-style (1oz) – 47-75 mg
- Americano (an Espresso w/more water) – 47-75 mg
- Black tea – 14-70 mg
- Green tea – 24-45 mg
- Coca-Cola – 23-35 mg
- Diet Coke – 23-47 mg
- Mountain Dew – 42-55 mg
- 7UP, Sierra Mist, Sprite – 0 mg
- 5 Hour Energy – 200-207 mg
- Red Bull – 75-80 mg
- Rock Star – 79-80 mg
- Excedrin Extra Strength (1 tablet) – 65 mg