Don’t Yelp! Just enjoy the food and locality. These are places I have personally visited.
- House of Prime Rib – SF – The only place to get dry-aged USDA Grade Prime – prime rib. Want it rare? No problem. Want it well done? Ask for the end-cut. Want fish, burger, or pasta; go somewhere else. This place has prime rib, mashed or baked potato, creamed spinach, french bread. You’ll need a doggy bag for the “King Henry VIII Cut”. And if you want liquor it’s available. This *IS* a civilized place. Open daily for dinner till 10pm.
- Louie’s Bar – SF – Wade recommends the bourbon BBQ burger, and a beer, of course. This is a man cave, but chicks visit it too. Margaritas what are those?
- Main Street Coffee Roasting Company – Redwood City – coffee hand-roasted daily in small batches. The roaster, Bob, learn from the guy that started Peet’s. It is *the* best coffee in the bay area. Mona the restaurateur and baker excellent, runs the front room. She’s up at 3am to make the best scones in town. The daily menu includes a new omelette every day. The french toast comes with real maple syrup. It is great; but it’s not available Saturdays. There is an outdoor patio – in the back. Closed Sundays and some holidays.
- Jan’s Deli – Menlo Park – A fresh turkey is roasted daily. Not, a turkey ball, not a turkey breast, the whole turkey. It is the best turkey sandwich in the bay area. It’s blocks from SRI. There is a outdoor patio – in the front. Open for lunch, closes by 4pm weekdays; closed Sundays and some holidays.
Some bourbons you might want to try, if you can find it.
- Pappy Van Winkle, The Bourbon So Popular Even Billionaires Can’t Find It
- Kentucky’s Case of the Missing Bourbon